Report to: Head of Finance
Office: Kanagawa, Japan
We are a Global Manufacturer and Retailer of a popular skincare and cosmetics brand.
We are looking for a manager who can work in the factory and provide financial insights to production, logistics, and other Manufacturing support functions. The person in this position is expected to drive budgeting and forecasting process, tracking actuals to the budget and forecast to help them to maximize production efficiency and optimize their investments. Also, this position will have high exposure to production management team as well as oversea stakeholders and be working closely with them and help them drive organization excellence.
Responsible area: Japan Manufacturing Finance
Duties and responsibilities:
- Budget planning, forecasting & analysis
- Own the Manufacturing budget/ forecast building process through working with Production, Logistics, and other Manufacturing Support teams
- Be responsible for variance analysis between actual and budget, prior forecast or last year actuals
- Be accountable for Manufacturing overrun risk and saving opportunity analysis in each fiscal year so that Japan management team can make a right decision
- Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of Manufacturing, in light of what percentage of the company’s financial resources each department consumes
- Business Partnering
- Present internal reports related Manufacturing activities for management team and oversea stakeholders. Support strategic decision making in new initiatives, operation improvements and investment propositions.
- Analyze key cost drivers and provide proactive decision support, including development and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPIs) and drive timely follow-up actions
- Ad-hoc analysis, participation to projects to improve company’s financial performance
- Challenge status quo and deliver continuous process improvement
- Manufacturing Accounting
- Ensure timely monthly closing operation by collaborating with General Accounting Manager
- Oversee manufacturing cost analysis and provide insight in improving profitability
- Own manufacturing supply price setting process and drive maximizing manufacturing sales
- Support yearly audit process
- Be an active member of Manufacturing Management team and be a part of driving organization excellence
- Bachelor degree
- Experienced in working in finance/ accounting team for more than 10 years including work experiences in Western company’s finance/ accounting organizations
- High level of MS-Excel handling skills (vlookup, sumif, sumproduct, simple VBA programming, etc.) are required. MS-Word and MS-Powerpoint operation skills are also required
- Native Japanese Speaker
- English proficiency (business level). Both written and verbal required. TOEIC 800 or above.
- Cost analyst experiences in Western companies and/ or Manufacturing business experiences would be a plus
- US CPA and/or Book-keeping 2nd grade, BATIC controller level or above